Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Two Steps Forward

I submitted my latest IF drawing to the SCBWI bulletin "art spot". Every month a b&w illustration is selected to be featured, along with contact information about the illustrator. Sounds exciting, I hope to submit more soon! I also added the IF drawing to my portfolio on the SCBWI site.


No matter what I do, I can't keep my calender clean for work. It's like the doodles draw themselves.

On another exciting note, I went to Justin's work to help out with a deadline last night. Justin works at an animation company here in Buffalo, and their latest project involves a lot of 2D drawing. I think his boss was really impressed and therefore will hopefully consider me again for future illustration projects.

That's two steps forward in the illustration world for me, plus another big step this Saturday when I attend the annual conference for my region of SCBWI in Baldwinsville, NY. I want to absorb as much as possible, and make some new friends along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment